Students are required to submit TWO typed article reviews. The article review must address standard research content pertaining to current (2010-2013), original, scientific literature examined in one of the following journals.
*Please note that GCC also keeps some of these titles in print in the library. Ask a Librarian for assistance.
ILLiad - Interlibrary loan service
Please view this page to understand how to request articles from Chest and the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. The beginning of the video gives you the basic details, but starting at about 3:30, the video will cover how to make a direct request for an article.
Article 1- Subjects
The articles should address one of the following subjects for Article 1, General Human Physiology for the Sleep Technologist:
- Endocrine Function and Sleep Disorders
- Renal Functions and Sleep Disorders
- Digestive Function and Sleep Disorders
- Immune Function and Sleep Disorders
- Genitouriary Function and Sleep Disorders
- Metabolism and Sleep Disorders
- Thermoregulation and Sleep Disorders
Article 2- Subjects
The articles should address one of the following subjects for Article 2, Sleep and Medical Disorders:
- Respiratory Disorders
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Gastrintestinal Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
- Rheumatologic Disorders
- Renal Disease
- Infectious Diseases
- Miscellaneous (see textbook)