Collaborate With Us
The Alfred C. O'Connell Library has librarians who can help you find out what resources and services are available to you and your students. Collaborate with us to:
- learn which databases and e-books support your discipline
- kickstart assignments with course-integrated instruction
- help your students with a customized Course Guide
- put copies of high-demand items such as books, DVDs, textbooks or science models on Reserve
- suggest a book or video to purchase
- Embed library content in Blackboard
- Keep up with current research in your subject areas
Academic Libraries = Student Success
The Alfred C. O'Connell Library builds connections with students that boost student retention. Library programs help reduce student anxiety in finding information and doing research, minimizing the barriers to student success.
To date in 2012-13, the Alfred C. O'Connell library staff and librarians have
- answered over 13,000 questions for students in person, by phone, chat and email
- provided information literacy instruction to 136 classes containing over 2,000 students
- processed over 4,500 reserve (textbooks, models, etc.) loans for students
This front line service and support is key to retaining students.