Converting VHS tapes to DVD
VHS format is no longer acquired. In accordance with copyright and fair-use guidelines, VHS-to-DVD transfer can be requested if
- there is documentation that the tape is owned by the College and/or
- a DVD update is not “reasonably” available for purchase.
VHS-to-DVD transfer material should be cataloged to ensure that those titles will be visible to patron searching in the GCC online library catalog. Contact Cindy Francis (Ext. 6126) for additional information.
Help us improve our collections!
To maintain the physical and intellectual integrity of various collections, it is necessary to deselect materials in all formats which no longer meet the criteria for selection. As with the selection process, faculty are encouraged to participate. The following deselection criteria are used to ensure a collection of high standards:
- Physical condition
- Pertinence to current curricula
- Titles with newer editions
- Duplicate copies
- Faculty input and authoritative subject bibliographies
- Space constraints
- Dated titles will be replaced with current titles as deemed appropriate. Consideration will be given to the historical value of older titles
Deselected titles will be offered to appropriate departments, area correctional facilities, nursing homes, high schools, library free rack, or recycled.
Please contact Cindy Francis if you are interested in reviewing the library materials associated with your subject area.